Required materials and tools:
- Cutter knife
- Seaming tape and bi-component PU adhesive or self-adhesive seaming tape
If installed on natural soil:
- Weed barrier fabric
- Nails and silica sand (optional but recommended)
Prepare the foundation:
For a smooth installation, make sure the soil or flooring under the grass is stable, leveled and prepared to facilitate water drainage. If you plan to install your artificial grass on natural soil, first cover the area with a weed barrier fabric.
1. Fit in place all turf pieces and make sure all of them are laying in the same direction.
Make sure to lay the pieces in such a way that the fibers point towards the standpoint from which you will usually look at the grass. The green color is deeper when the grain points towards you.
2. Trim all joints and check that all pieces perfectly fit together.
Trim each joint edge by approximately 2 tufts. Eliminate all imperfect tufts to get invisible joints. The more carefully you carry out this step, the more natural the result. Also, check that both pieces perfectly fit together. Make sure seams are not visible.
3. Place joining band through the center of each seam, seal them, secure perimeters and apply pressure on the pieces.
- Place edges max 4 cm apart, reopen them and lay the joining or auto-adhesive band through the center. If you use regular joining band, apply
bi-component PU adhesive.
- Secure the seams and trim excess to fit perimeters.
- Secure the perimeters to the substrate. Use bi-component PU adhesive to secure them to hard flooring, and nails to anchor them to a compacted soil base.
- Apply pressure by walking along the joints and putting heavy objects on them (e.g. 25 kg sandbags).
4. Brush the grass to raise the blades and finish with silica sand infill.
To guarantee durability, the ideal silica sand is rounded, washed and dry. The sand infill will extend the grass blades’ lifetime and improve their resilience. Also, the sand retains moisture, which in turn helps cool down the grass during summer. Crumble the sand before use to help it fill in the gaps between turf blades more evenly.
Ready to enjoy
That’s all! The only thing you have left to do is enjoy your brand new green area.